The Future of Electric Cars in BlainvilleElectric cars have become a popular topic of discussion, especially in the past decade. As car manufacturers invest in this new technology more than ever, many drivers are now going electric.
As those in the Blainville area start seeing more of these vehicles driving around, they may consider trading in their gas vehicles for an electric alternative.
In this post we explore the future of electric cars in Blainville, the benefits of electric vehicles and how the local area is adapting to accommodate these vehicles.
What Is An Electric Car?An electric car utilizes one or more electric motors instead of an internal combustion engine. The power source is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that powers the car’s motor, eliminating the need for traditional fuel.
Major car manufacturers now offer electric vehicles with many car makers promising to stop producing gas-powered vehicles after a specific year.
For drivers interested in certain manufacturers and want to know if they have electric cars for sale, Blainville Chrysler can help. With popular brands like Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge and RAM offering electric vehicles, you can find one that suits your needs.
What Are The Benefits Of An Electric CarElectric cars are becoming the new normal in many ways for drivers in Canada and for good reason. Opting for this type of vehicle has several benefits, both on a wider scale and for each individual driver. Here are some examples:
Reduced Environmental ImpactPerhaps one of the biggest benefits of electric cars, and the reason for their popularity and success, is the reduced environmental impact.
Electric vehicles are much better for the planet than their gas-powered predecessors, as they:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions: Electric cars produce zero emissions, which leads to a significant reduction in greenhouse gases being pumped into the atmosphere. Reduced greenhouse emissions can help fight climate change and improve overall air quality.
- Improves energy efficiency: Electric cars are more energy-efficient than gasoline-powered cars in most cases. They convert a much higher percentage of stored energy to power the wheels. This efficiency reduces overall energy consumption and can decrease the environmental impact of the transportation industry when utilised on a grand scale.
- Reduce noise pollution: Electric cars are considerably quieter than traditional vehicles, and this reduces noise pollution, especially in urban areas.
More economicalElectric cars, in general, tend to be more economical than hybrid or gas-powered vehicles. This is mainly because of the cost of fuel vs electricity, with a full battery beating a full tank of gas when it comes to cost mile for mile.
As electric vehicles are much newer, buyers may find the initial cost of buying an electric car vs an alternative may be more. However, this can average out in the long run and work out much cheaper the longer driver uses it. Electric vehicles are typically cheaper to run than gasoline vehicles. Year-round, the average cost of charging is $277.19 CAD.
Speaking with your local dealership is ideal when investing in a new electric vehicle. For drivers looking for new cars for sale in Blainville, Blainville Chrysler has much to offer. Our range of new vehicles includes fully electric cars, and we can discuss financing options to secure your dream electric car.
More convenientWith the ability to charge your vehicle from your own home, you won’t need to stop at a gas station ever again.
While you may seek on-the-road charging stations for extensive journeys, home charging can be all you need for your day-to-day driving.
Electric vehicles can also be more convenient in terms of service and repairs. With a less complex system under the bonnet, repairs on these types of cars can be much simpler than gas-powered vehicles. For example, low oil or a faulty timing belt are no longer concerns for drivers once they go electric.
Is Canada Embracing Electric Vehicles?Much like other countries, the Canadian government has put regulations in place to limit the production of gas-powered vehicles.
These regulations require 20% of new vehicles sold in Canada to be zero emission by as early as 2026, 60% by 2030, and hitting 100% by 2035. These targets aim to increase the electric vehicle supply in Canada so that more drivers who want to go electric can do so.
A car dealership in Blainville, like Blainville Chrysler, is on hand to support drivers in the local area looking to purchase an electric vehicle. From questions on supply to information on each vehicle's performance, our experts can help.
Is Blainville Adapting To Electric Cars?According to ChargeHub.com, Blainville "has 28 public charging station ports (Level 2 and Level 3) within 15km. 89% of the ports are level 2 charging ports, and 28% of the ports offer free charges for your electric car."
Blainville is adjusting to the changing vehicle market well, meaning drivers in this area that are looking to purchase an electric vehicle can feel confident that there is infrastructure in place to support this change.
The wider area, Quebec in particular, is also helping drivers make this change. Buyers in Quebec can get a rebate of up to $7,000.00 for a fully electric vehicle.
Some vehicles from manufacturers such as Chrysler and Jeep are included in this. Speaking with your trusted local dealership can help you understand how this works.
Much like other parts of Canada, Blainville is helping lead the way in electric car infrastructure, making driving life much easier for those with this type of vehicle.
How Is This Impacting The Local Economy?The change to electric vehicles can be described as a huge consumer change. Gas-powered vehicles have dominated the market for decades, so the scale of the move towards electric cars shouldn't be understated. This can have a positive impact on the local economy, such as:
- Job creation: The establishment of electric vehicle infrastructure, like charging stations and parking spaces for electric cars only, can create new employment opportunities. From the installation and maintenance to the daily operation of these infrastructures can lead to job growth in various sectors like construction or manufacturing.
- More consumer spending: As more people adopt electric vehicles, the demand for related goods and services naturally increases. This may boost revenue for local businesses and support economic growth.
- Energy independence: This is more a nationwide benefit but can positively impact local areas too. The rise of electric vehicles gives communities the opportunity to transition to more renewable energy sources. This shift reduces dependence on imported fossil fuels and encourages local sustainability.
It should be noted that changes like this can have a temporary negative impact, like the cost associated with implementing this infrastructure locally. However, the positive impacts far outweigh the downsides, and it's a change that an area like Blainville will benefit from in the long run.
Find Electric Cars for Sale in BlainvilleThe car-buying journey can be difficult enough when looking at a gas-powered vehicle without the struggle of having to understand a completely new market. Buying an electric vehicle can be made much easier, though, with help from a trusted dealership.
If you're looking for electric cars for sale in Blainville, Blainville Chrysler can answer all of your electric car questions and help find the right one for you. Contact our team today and speak to one of the experts.