Summer is here with us now, the heat and the sun, we love it, don't we?
However, certain maintenance tasks are necessary for your car so that it is ready for the season. Here they are:
- Change winter tires for summer tires, because winter tires wear out faster in hot weather.
- Exterior washing: Washing all the dirt that has accumulated on the outside of your vehicle will make it look good, but what is most important is to clean the underbody thoroughly, this will prevent your vehicle from rusting.
- Washing the interior: Salt can also accumulate inside your vehicle, which is why it is suggested that you use a steam cleaner on the carpets and the floor.
You should also check:
- Air filters: Cold weather wears out air filters, so consider replacing them as needed to improve cabin air quality, reduce fuel consumption and prevent odour build-up.
- Liquids: Windshield washer fluid runs out faster in winter, so replace it.
- Oil, brake and transmission fluids.
- Wiper blades: After winter, they can be so worn that they will leave marks on the windshield, which should be avoided.
- Brakes: Salt can wear out the brakes if they are not properly cleaned and lubricated.
- Your battery: It needs to be cleaned because if the spark plugs are dirty, it can waste fuel.
Now you know how to prepare your car for hot weather!
We still suggest that you leave it to the professionals so that you and your family are safe. Don't hesitate to make an appointment with us!